The Most Active and Welcoming Investment Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Way to Invest and Grow your Money.

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members?
Feel free to sign up now.

What are the best Rewards Cards in the UK

Discussion in 'Credit and Loans' started by Andy, Aug 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Registered

Portfolio:
    What are everyone’s recommendations when it comes to rewards credit/charge cards in the UK?

I currently have Amex Gold Charge card but am interested on hearing of any other potential options that have a better reward.

2. Matt

Matt Registered

Portfolio:
    Right now as far as I can tell the best cards are as below. I’d love to hear if anyone can beat these though?

Personal:
    American Express Rewards Credit Card - it offers Amex points (1 point per £1 spent) but with no annual fee, no benefits either though so if you use the Amex Gold benefits the Gold might be better.

Tandem Cashback Credit Card - this is a MasterCard so accepted everywhere and offers 0.5% on all spending. Plus on top of this no fees to use the card abroad unlike Amex which charges a % fee on all foreign transactions.

Business:
    Santander Cashback Credit Card - A MasterCard again so accepted everywhere, offers an impressive 1% Cashback on all spend. Also no foreign exchange rate fees.

Not listed an Amex business card because the Santander Card is far superior than any Amex business card I’ve seen.

3. Andy

Andy Registered

Portfolio:
    Excellent thanks @Matt. The Santander Cashback Credit Card sounds excellent.

Matt likes this.
  4. K

K Administrator Registered

Do you know if you can transfer points from one AMEX card to another or do they stick with the user themselves?

5. Matt

Matt Registered

Portfolio:
    Yep you can, it is best to open the new card up first and ideally under the same Amex online account (although not required). Then if you are closing off the old card call Amex customer service while doing it and get them to confirm the accounts are 100% linked and that the points will transfer (I have changed cards about 4-5 times lol).

Also if you are getting a new card and really want to maximise gains from the move you can earn cashback from TopCashback for opening up a new Amex card. :p

K likes this.
  6. K

You and your cash back, what's the card you have now on Amex? Why did you choose this over gold?

7. Andy

Andy Registered

Portfolio:
    @Matt has this all figured out, that's excellent.

Matt likes this.
  8. Matt

Matt Registered

Portfolio:
    Haha mate adds up I have had thousands through TopCashback. On Amex now I just have the American Express Rewards Credit Card that I mentioned, I did have the Gold for personal and Platinum for business.

I originally ditched the gold because the annual fee was pointless, I didn't use any of the card benefits because I got them with the Platinum card (the same but loads more). Then I discovered the Santander card so I had to ditch the Platinum card. The main thing I lost was lounge passes but I pay for "Dragon Pass" for that instead now.

K likes this.
  9. K

Interesting.

I'd love to see you write a review/breakdown on the forums of how you use topcashback, I think it would help a lot of people including myself.

1. PLEASE CONTINUE

This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our:

Accept