The Most Active and Welcoming Investment Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Way to Invest and Grow your Money.

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members?
Feel free to sign up now.

Thoughts on Hargreaves Lansdown?

Discussion in 'Funds and ETF's' started by Andy, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Registered

Portfolio:
    I'm extremely tempted to move some funds into HL but would love to hear peoples thoughts/experiences with them?

Service, returns, options etc.

2. Matt

Matt Registered

Portfolio:
    I am finding it alright, I signed up about a year ago to try it out. Mainly investing in funds the odd share.

What are you planning to invest in Andy e.g. funds, individual shares etc?

I don't really have a lot of time to monitor it though, so far my returns are better with robo-investment options like Nutmeg.

3. Andy

Andy Registered

Portfolio:
    I'd be interested in funds mainly @Matt.

I've not heard of Nutmeg but it looks interesting, any further information you can drop would be great!

4. K

K Administrator Registered

How do robe-investment options work mate @Matt ?

5. Matt

Matt Registered

Portfolio:
    So my understanding is the main difference between robo-investments is the advice side of things.

So a robo-advisor like Nutmeg profile you the advice is based on a set of questions about what you want out of the investments and their algorithms determine the funds usually ETFs that you should invest it and of course your attitude to risk like a traditional financial advisor would ask you. Someone still manages the funds as a general and you pay a management fee still but you save on other fees.

Where as your more traditional option is actually speaking to a financial advisor they will speak to you and discuss options and pick the funds for you. Fees tend to be higher with this option, you pay advisor fees and management fees.

I have done both, the more traditional option I started years ago and left it in place and then with Nutmeg around 2 years ago. Annualised returns recently are not that much different apart from my traditional option with L&G the fees are a little higher therefore eating into my return (although it’s not a super fair test as Nutmeg has been in a lot less time and I’m looking at annualised returns as whole).

Also I’ve never used them but I think Wealthify might be cheaper than Nutmeg in terms of fees so another option people may want to look at.

6. K

K Administrator Registered

Amazing, going to look into this, thanks mate.

Will pick your brains next week.

So it's all automated on the app?

7. InvestEx

InvestEx Registered

Going to look into nutmeg today.

Matt likes this.
  8. SixMonths

SixMonths Registered

Personally i've not used them but heard some really good things about how easy they make it.

1. PLEASE CONTINUE

This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our:

Accept